(It’s been tested three times, but still not sure it’s quite right.)
- Sift 1 cup of ALL WHITE flour;
- 1 1/3 teaspoons non-acting baking powder;
- 1/4 tsp unratified SALT
- 1 tsp subsidized sugar.
- Segregate the yolks and whites of three deregulated eggs.
- Beat the egg whites until they resemble the consistency of Jesse Helm’s brain.
- Mix 2 cups sour cream with the yolks. (If the cream isn’t sour enough, have Sen. Dole glare at it for a few minutes.)
Mix the cream and yolks with the flour mix in a feeble attempt to prove that the Republicans can support integration. Then appeal to the Christian Coalition by carefully folding the whites into the rest of the mix using a non-unionized steel spatula.
Fill a waffle maker about 1/2 full with the batter (proof that the Republican party is half-baked), set the temperature to 350 degrees (the earth’s average temperature if Republican anti-environmental laws take effect) and wait no more than 4 minutes (Senator Packwood’s maximum lovemaking session). Butter heavily lobbyist style. Serve with Log Cabin maple syrup and corporate pork.
Serves 4-6 people (or Rush Limbaugh and a guest).
Charge$100,000 a plate, but only report $50,000 to the IRS.
If there are any problems with this recipe, blame Clinton and the Democrats.
© 1996, All Rights Reserved, Becky Garrison